About Betsy Goodwin, PhD
Dr. Betsy Goodwin, who holds a PhD in Biology from Brandeis University, has 20+ years’ experience in scientific research and medical writing.
She created DrGood-Write.com in response to the growing need for freelance medical writers who are more than copy editors.
Imagine the benefits of hiring a writer who really understands the underlying science, and can craft a written product that conveys your message while conforming to all ICMJE, AMA, and regulatory guidelines.
A Versatile Freelance Medical Writer
- Medical communication agencies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Medical Affairs consultants
- Biotech companies
- Contract research organizations (CROs)
Dr. Goodwin has worked with major pharmaceutical companies, authoring and contributing to AMCP dossiers, HEOR and observational protocols, educational content, and much more, along with developing and executing publication plans.
Take advantage of her knowledge and perspective to handle virtually any writing project where you need to communicate effectively with your audience, be it medical professionals, consumers, or regulatory agencies.
A Portfolio of Scientific and Medical Writing Experience
You’ll enjoy working with an award-winning freelance medical writer who has the experience and background to understand your content and craft expertly written documents.
Please visit the appropriate pages to learn more about her expertise.
- Scientific Communications
- Regulatory Writing
- Publication Planning and Strategy
- Copy Editing and Fact Checking
- CME Course Content and Presentation Materials
- Patient Communications
Education and Professional Development Highlights
College and University
- Ph.D., Biology, Brandeis University
- M.A., Biology, Smith College
- B.S., Biology, Smith College
Continuing Medical Education
- CBI Annual Forums
- American Thoracic Society Post-Grad Courses
- Epilepsy Therapy Project
- Associated Professional Sleep Societies
- American College of Chest Physicians
- National Jewish Hospital Training (Respiratory)
- American Medical Writers Association — Annual and Chapter Meetings
- AMWA Certificates (in progress)
- Datavision Annual Meeting
- DIA: Clinical Statistics for Nonstatisticians
Relevant Work Experience and Skills
Awards and Memberships
Betsy Goodwin has achieved numerous awards for outstanding achievement from Bristol-Myers Squibb, inVentiv Health, and Sunovion (Sepracor).
She was awarded fellowships to study at Brandeis University and the Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory.
Dr. Goodwin maintains professional memberships in the American Medical Writers Association and the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals.
Research Tools and Computer Skills
In addition to her extensive science background, Betsy Goodwin brings both research and writing skills to the table.
She is expert at literature searches using multiple databases such as Medline, Google Scholar, Cochrane Library, EMBASE, ISI Web of Knowledge, and PubMed.
She is proficient in MS Office Suite, along with software to develop and organize your publications:
- Reference Manager
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Sigma Plot
They certainly give very strange names to diseases.Plato